Stretch your comfort zone and experiment with insider favorites. These delicious, cost-effective options not only use more of the fish, but these are the cuts fishermen themselves prefer to eat themselves.
This box includes: 2 lbs. skate cheeks, 2 lbs. dressed smelts, 2 lbs. salmon collars, 1 lb. bluefish, 1 lb. skate wing, 1 lb. chopped surf clams and 1 lb. monkfish fillet.
Easy Seafood Recipes - Don't over think it. These are just different cuts of fish! You know what to do - keep it simple and prepare them by either substituting into your favorite fish recipes or use these helpful guides for each:
- Skate Cheeks - We liken them to perfect, fluffy crab-like pillows! Substitute them for recipes calling for shrimp or scallops; they are similar in size, take on flavor and cook quickly. Or try this Indian Skate Cheeks with Coconut and Ginger recipe.
- Dressed Smelts - They are easy to love and easy to cook. The small size of each smelt means they are best eaten with your fingers and dipped in mustard, tartar, cocktail, or hot sauce. Try this Oven Roasted Smelts recipe.
- Salmon Collars - Love chicken wings? Then you'll love fish collars. Bone-in cooking equals more incredible flavor. Use your favorite wing recipe or try this Grilled Salmon Collars with Ponzu Sauce.
- Squid - Rich and full flavored, bluefish has a similar oil content to salmon. Ideal for roasting, broiling, grilling and smoking. Keep it simple with this Broiled Bluefish with Tomato and Herbs recipe.
- Skate Wing - Mild, ocean flavor and texture similar to a scallop or crab, skate is traditionally prepared schnitzel-style. Try this Skate Wing with Brown Butter recipe.
- Chopped Surf Clams - These hand-shucked 5" clams are found all over the Atlantic Ocean. Tender and flavorful, these are perfect for chowders, soup. Try making your own Rhode Island Style Clam Fritters.
- Monkfish Fillet - Cut from the tail of the fish, the fillet is an ideal choice for fish stews and grilled fish as it holds together very well while cooking. Try this Monkfish Stew with Saffron Broth recipe or cut monkfish into medallions as a substitute in shrimp recipes.
Health Benefits - Seafood is a nutrient-packed food that reduces inflammation with vitamins A, B, and D, as well as omega-3 fatty acids and minerals such as calcium, selenium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium and potassium (2,4). For more information, click here >
Peak Freshness - Fish is high tech flash frozen and vacuum sealed at peak freshness from the ocean. Seafood is delivered to your door moderately thawed on dry ice and may be put either directly into your freezer to keep at restaurant quality for up to 9 months, or thaw under refrigeration prior to cooking. Product has 4 day refrigerated shelf life.